Presently there is one health educator on staff at the Health Department. That person acts as the Project Director for the Creating Healthy Communities program which is funded by a grant from the Ohio Department of Health (www.healthy.ohio.gov/chc).
Vision: Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
Mission: Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) is committed to preventing and reducing chronic disease statewide. Through cross-sector collaboration, we are activating communities to improve access to and affordability of healthy food, increase opportunities for physical activity, and assure tobacco-free living where Ohioans live, work and play. By implementing sustainable evidence-based strategies, CHC is creating a culture of health.
Making The Healthy Choice The Easy Choice!
2016 Creating Healthy Communities Activities
- Improve bicycle infrastructure
- Assist Warren Farmers’ Market in accepting WIC (Women Infant and Children) vouchers at the Farmers’ Market
- Smoke-Free Multi-unit Housing
- Implement a Safe Routes to School Plan
- Host Pop-up Farmers’ Markets throughout July-September
- Host Annual School Food Service Conference
- Smoke-Free Multi-Unit Housing
- Bolindale Park Pickleball Courts Installation
- Assist Howland Farmers’ Market in accepting WIC (Women Infant and Children) vouchers at the Farmers’ Market
- Smoke-Free Parks and Public Spaces
Check out Creating Healthy Communities’ Success Stories from all participating counties in Ohio:
Jenna Amerine, MPH, CHES
Health Educator/Creating Healthy Communities Program Coordinator
176 Chestnut Ave NE, 2nd Floor
Warren, OH 44483