Medical Reserve Corps...
Steps to Membership
- Register: Print a copy of the registration form, fill it out, and return to MRC Coordinator by mail to: Trumbull County MRC Coordinator, c/o Mahoning County Board of Health, 50 Westchester Drive, Youngstown OH 44515.
- Interview: To schedule an interview, call 330-270-2855 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:40 PM and ask for the MRC Coordinator. At the interview, your registration will be reviewed and a skills and interest page will be added. You will be given information to complete a background check before you are officially named a Medical Reserve Corps Volunteer.
- Background Check: You will not be able to serve the public as a volunteer without passing a background check. You will be given forms for this at the Interview.
- Orientation: This will include an overview of what MRC volunteers do, the Volunteer Reception Center (VRC), and your information will be entered into the Ohio Responds Data Base System. This is a State Volunteer Management System used to track contact information, skill sets, and completed training. It also serves as an alerting system when volunteers are needed.
- Training: The state guidelines require 4 hours of training every three years in order to remain in the Ohio Responds Data Base and be able to access Liability coverage during emergencies, drills, or trainings. A training manual is given to the volunteer upon completion of the first four steps.